The Swift House Inn and Jessica’s Restaurant staff has always been dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible. We know that you choose to stay at the Swift House and dine at Jessica’s because we care about your health, safety, and comfort. We pride ourselves on being able to create a great experience for you.
However, we now have to develop a “new normal” to keep everyone safe. We have rewritten our procedures with you in mind: keeping you healthy while maintaining our high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, in both lodging and food service. Our new procedures are based on the guidance of the CDC, AHLA Stay Safe Program, Select Registry’s Select Safe Program, and Vermont’s Department of Health, among others.
The general details of our COVID-19 procedures are listed below. These procedures may be changed as the coronavirus situation evolves. Please feel free to ask us for more details on any of these, and be assured that we are doing everything possible to keep you and ourselves safe and healthy. We want you to stay and dine with us and to feel safe in doing so!
Swift House Inn and Jessica’s Restaurant COVID-19 procedures:
- We are monitoring the health of each employee each day, which includes taking each person’s temperature and making sure anyone who does not feel well does not come into work or goes home if he/she starts feeling poorly while working
- Staff members are washing their hands when entering the buildings as well as often during their shift
- Staff are wearing masks and gloves, as appropriate, while working
- Staff are maintaining physical distancing from one another and from guests, when possible
- Hand sanitizer is available for guests and employees
- We are disinfecting commonly touched surfaces frequently each day using a disinfectant which is CDC-approved for treating the coronavirus
- We are leaving guest rooms vacant for at least 24 hours between guests, to the extent this is possible
- We suggest that all of our visitors wear a mask
- Lodging guests may check in without coming to the Reception Desk; we can meet you at your car and take you to your room. If you choose to come to the Reception Desk, you will see that we have installed a sneeze guard between you and the Guest Services staff member
- We have removed magazines, brochures, and maps, but are happy to provide them—just ask
- We have reconfigured the seating areas in our common areas to provide for more physical distancing
- We will not do stayover housekeeping, but we are happy to provide additional amenities as needed
- We have moved the tables in the dining areas to provide required spacing
- The Main Building’s entrances have been designated entry or exit only to limit cross over of guests
- Menus are printed on paper and discarded after each guest
- We are following strict disinfecting protocols of tables, chairs, and service items
- We have installed a sneeze guard at the bar
Before you Arrive:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or new loss of taste or smell, we ask that you contact us to reschedule your visit.
When you Arrive:
- You must sign a Certificate of Compliance, attesting to your compliance with the state restrictions on travel, when you arrive. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, we will assist you in obtaining medical attention.
While you are Here:
- We ask you to maintain physical distancing with our staff and other guests
- We suggest you wear a mask, but will not require it. We have disposable masks available
- We have hand sanitizer available throughout the property