We’ve cooked up 7 romantic things to do around Middlebury, Vermont, so that you don’t have to!
The long weekend is coming fast. And if you’re dating, engaged, or happily married, you’re probably wondering if there’s something fun to do with your boo on one of these long weekends coming down the pike.
Here are our seven ideas:
- Take a sleigh ride through the snowy countryside with your special someone. Contact Thornapple Farms and ask about booking one today. They also provide horse-drawn carriages for weddings and horse-drawn trolleys for your guests.
- Snowshoe with your snow bunny. Let’s face it: not everyone can ski or snowboard. Snowshoeing is an ideal, mellow way to get outside and frolicking in the snow. Rikert Nordic Center rents snowshoes, which are simple to put on and get going right away. No lessons or expensive equipment needed!
- Cozy up to a guest room with a fireplace at Swift House Inn, located less than five minutes away from Middlebury College and a wonderful place to stay on a getaway in our beautiful area in Vermont. Our classic country inn has all of the amenities that a couple needs for a peaceful, relaxing stay. You can book directly online or feel free to contact us anytime at (866) 388-9925 for more information. Don’t forget to hang that Do-Not-Disturb sign!
- Amble hand-in-hand to the Middlebury Falls in downtown Middlebury. During this time of year, the spray freezes into dramatic ice sculptures. Plus, the falls are right in the center of town, where you can visit shops and boutiques. A Swift House Inn favorite is the Vermont Book Store, where we love to browse, and the vintage clothing store Buy Again Alley.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Jessica’s Restaurant at Swift House Inn. It might be blustery outside, but inside the intimate eatery, it’s just the two of you and a fine-casual meal. Just last weekend, a couple got engaged here during dinner service. David Herren, the resident sommelier, will make sure your experience is paired with the right wine.
- Have a nightcap at Fire and Ice Restaurant. Only a few blocks away, you’ll find one of the most beloved restaurants and bars in Middlebury. It’s a great place for dinner, but we think the drinks are outstanding!
- A relationship requires sustenance. That’s why it’s important to have a hot breakfast the morning after. Our breakfast team goes the distance to make sure that you’re happy. Don’t forget, breakfast is complimentary for all of our guests, and it’s made to order. Insider tip: You can have our perfect buttermilk pancakes anyway you like (yes, chocolate chips!) and as many as you can eat.
When you’re planning your romantic travel for the weekend, keep Middlebury and its breathtaking natural surrounding areas in mind. It’s a lovely place with warm and welcoming locals who can vouch for these 7 romantic things to do.