Our Vermont Lodging Accommodations
The center of our Middlebury country bed and breakfast is our Main House. A federal style building built in 1814, this building displays the informal elegance one would expect from a former governors residence, and was the home of Jessica Swift for more than 100 years. All of the nine guest rooms have been updated for the comfort of our guests and there are several bed configurations and room sizes to accommodate the travelers. Various rooms have fireplaces, private decks, and/or jetted tubes. We welcome our guests to enjoy our fully stocked bar, complimentary full breakfast, and dinner in our Jessica’s Restaurant, all conveniently located on the first floor.
The Carriage House offers our largest rooms, perfect for a romantic getaway or a family trip. Each of the six beautiful rooms includes a king-size bed, a wood-burning or gas fireplace, an individual coffee maker, and a two-person jetted tub. The rooms also feature a memory-foam sleeper-sofa, so the rooms can accommodate four people. If you are looking to relax your tired muscles after a day of skiing, bicycling or hiking, just venture downstairs to enjoy the steam shower and sauna. The Mansfield Room, which was completely renovated in 2015, also boasts a private patio with a brick walkway which meanders through the perennial gardens and offers views of the rolling lawn. For those looking to bring their furry friends, the Carriage House Rooms are the only rooms that allow dogs. There is $50.00 fee per night, per dog.
You may prefer the economically priced Gate House for your Middlebury lodging accommodations. It is a lovely Victorian house adorned with ornate wood work, a porte-cochere, stained glass windows and a full wrap-around porch. Spend the evening next to the fire, or enjoy a game of Scrabble in the parlor. The Gate House is located within the property, a 1/2 block from the Main House on the corner of Stewart Lane and Route 7, which has some traffic noise. The Gate House features five rooms and offers all of the amenities, comfort, and style expected at the Inn.
A complimentary hearty breakfast is served each morning and consists of your choice of several savory and sweet entrèes cooked to order. These are complemented by a cold buffet with a choice of cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits, and Inn-made Swift House granola.
- The Main House is accessible from a circle driveway for loading and unloading.
- There is a brick ramp to the entrance of the Main House, which is where the front desk, bar, and dining room are all located.
- 18 of our 20 rooms require stairs to access.
- We do not have an elevator in any of the buildings.
- In the Main House there is one accessible bathroom from the main lobby that is designed for wheelchair entry.
- Jessica’s Restaurant is accessible via the brick ramp entry to the Main House, and does not have any stairs.
- Visit our Black Hawk Room and Mansfield Room pages for a list of their accessibility features.