The Swift Room, Room 24, is a great room for guests looking for some character, comfort, space and history. The Swift Room was Jessica Swift’s bedroom for more than 100 years. Jessica was the last owner of the Swift House before it became an inn, and the namesake of our restaurant, Jessica’s. The room retains one of the first phones installed in Middlebury; Jessica’s mother had the phone installed in order to listen to Church services. The Swift Room is a second-floor room that features navy blue wallpaper with a large flower-and-vine design, two high-back gold chairs, a queen-size bed, and a two-person soaking tub/shower. A duraflame-log fireplace keeps the room warm in the winter and the central air conditioning keeps it cool in the summer. Sip one of the many scotches Tom offers at the Bar, while enjoying your own private deck overlooking the sweeping lawn. The Swift Room is one of our larger Main House rooms and a favorite among guests.
Bed Type: Queen
Other: Non-Smoking, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi, Fireplace, Queen-size bed, Soaking Tub/Shower, Private Deck, Navy blue
* Rates based on double occupancy
* For each additional person over 10 years old, add $25
* 10% off for AAA, AARP or Preferred Customer
* No discounts for Middlebury College weekends, fall foliage period, one night weekend stays in summer and fall, certain holiday periods and special events
* Duraflame Fireplace seasonal: Nov 1 to Mar 15